Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a niche wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as a shining star. Kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow forth though no fire touched it. Light upon light, Allah guides to His light whom He will. And Allah speaks to mankind in allegories, for Allah is knower of all things.
[Quran: An Noor, Chapter 24]
“Verily! In the creation of the Heavens and the Earth… There are indeed signs for the men of understanding”. Surah Aal Imran (3), Aayah190.
17. So (give) glory to God, when ye reach eventide and when ye rise in the morning;
18. Yea, to Him be praise, in the heavens and on the earth; and in the late afternoon and when the day begins to decline.
19. It is He Who brings out the living from the dead, and brings out the dead from the living, and Who gives life to the earth after it is dead: and thus shall ye be brought out (from the dead).
20. Among His Signs is this, that He created you from dust; and then — behold, ye are men scattered (far and wide)!
21. And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect.
22. And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations in your languages and your colours: verily in that are Signs for those who know.
23. And among His Signs is the sleep that ye take by night and by day, and the quest that ye (make for livelihood) out of His Bounty: verily in that are Signs for those who harken.
24. And among His Signs, He shows you the lightning, by way both of fear and of hope, and He sends down rain from the sky and with it gives life to the earth after it is dead: verily in that are Signs for those who are wise.
25. And among His Signs is this, that heaven and earth stand by His Command: then when He calls you, by a single call, from the earth, behold, ye (straightway) come forth.
26. To Him belongs every being that is in the heavens and on earth: all are devoutly obedient to Him.
27. It is He Who begins (the process of) creation; then repeats it; and for Him it is most easy. To Him belongs the loftiest similitude (we can think of) in the heavens and the earth: for He is exalted in Might, full of wisdom.
28. He does propound to you a similitude from your own (experience): do ye have partners among those whom your right hands possess, to share as equals in the wealth We have bestowed on you? Do ye fear them as ye fear each other? Thus do We explain the Signs in detail to a people that understand.
Surah Ar Rum
And among his signs is this, that he created for you mates from amonng yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them. and he has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are signs for those who reflect. (emphasis added) Translation by A Yusuf ALi (Qu`ran 30:21)
O mankind! Worship your Lord (Allah), Who created you and those who were before you so that you may acquire taqwa (piety).
Who has made the earth a resting place for you, and the sky as a canopy, and sent down water (rain) from the sky and brought forth therewith fruits as a provision for you. Then do not set up rivals unto Allah (in worship) while you know (that He alone has the right to be worshipped.”
“And among the mountains are streaks white and red, of varying colours and (others) very black. And likewise, men and ad-Dawwabb (moving, living creatures, beasts) and cattle are of various colours. It is only those who have knowledge among His servants that fear Allah.” (35:27-28)
How do you disbelieve in Allah, seeing that you were dead and He gave you life! Then He will cause you to die, then He will give you life, then unto Him you will return. [Al Qur’an (2:28)]
1. Há Mím.
2. The revelation of the Book is from Allah the Exalted in Power, Full of Wisdom.
3. Verily in the heavens and the earth, are Signs for those who believe.
4. And in the creation of yourselves and the fact that animals are scattered (through the earth), are Signs for those of assured Faith.
5. And in the alternation of Night and Day, and the fact that Allah sends down Sustenance from the sky, and revives therewith the earth after its death, and in the change of the winds,- are Signs for those that are wise.
6. Such are the Signs of Allah, which We rehearse to thee in Truth; then in what exposition will they believe after Allah and His Signs? Quran Surah 45. Bowing the Knee (Al-Játhiya)
Surah 24, Ayah 43 “Seest thou not that Allah makes the clouds move gently, then joins them together, then makes them into a heap? – Then wilt thou see rain issue forth from their midst. And He sends down from the sky mountain masses (of clouds) wherein is hail: He strikes therewith whom He pleases and He turns it away from whom He pleases, the vivid flash of His lightning well-nigh blinds the sight”
Surah 13, Ayah 12-13 “It is He Who doth show you the lightning, by way both of fear and of hope: It is He Who doth raise up the clouds, heavy with (fertilizing) rain! Nay, thunder repeateth His praises, and so do the angels, with awe: He flingeth the loud-voiced thunder-bolts, and therewith He striketh whomsoever He will. Yet these (are the men) who (dare to) dispute about Allah, with the strength of His power (supreme)!”
Surah 31, Ayah 29 “Seest thou not that Allah merges Night into Day and he merges Day into Night”
Surah 39, Ayah 5 “He created the heavens and the earth in true (proportions). He makes the night overlap the day and the day overlap the night”
Surah 78, Ayah 6-7 “Have we not made the earth as a wide expanse, and the mountains as pegs?
Surah 27, Ayah 88 “Thou see the mountains and think them firmly fixed, but they shall pass away as the clouds pass away. (Such is) the artistry of Allah, who disposes of all things in perfect order: for he is well acquainted with all that ye do.”
Surah 16, Ayah 15 “And He has set up on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you.”
Surah 21, Ayah 31 “And We have set on earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with them.”
(Surah Rahman 19-25, translation by Yusuf Ali)
There are many many more verses in the Quran where Allah reminds us of his signs around us. Its up to us to look read and reflect on them